My Herald of Joy

 You bring me joy,

The kind unfelt until now.

You bring me peace and quiet,

The kind unexperienced until now.

You take my mind away

I waggle my head with abandon now.

You take my worries away

For why would I see anything but love now.

You know me, you feel me,

You touch me, you sense me.

You make me feel worthy,

You see my body and my soul.

You slough the debauchery off me,

You rid me of my paranoia.

You make me feel loved,

You make me feel diseased no more.

You make me try frenzy with a taste,

You anchor me till I graze.

You kiss my forehead,

You make me real.

You introduce me to me,

For you protect me from experience.  

My knight, my warrior.

My lover of the night.

I am fragrant since

You have rubbed yourself on me.

You stave off the darks near me,

You lead me into the lights.

You kill my demons from afar,

You keep me warm at night.

I have my share of love now

The one tailor-made for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments