The unholy Dark

I was stunned, could not move
I was held by the hands of dark.
Swaddled by the caress,
I was breathing in the dark

I was headed for my aim.
Anger, expectations alike.
Despite knowing all the truth
I could only move forward.

He grabbed me in his embrace.
I thought the mind felt clearer.
It needed a pamper, wherever it got.
The hug was tightening nevertheless. 

Suddenly they cracked. The ribs. Then
My neck snapped, popped my veins.
Brain shattered. The pain unbearable.
Of course imagine the bloodshed. 

I sublimated. The bones and veins
Scorched. Like the way I effervesced
I re-emerged. First a spectre
then the solid mortal I was. 

Is it better do you know?
But, it was not the end I knew.
You are my master, unholy one,
Let me slip away to rise on my own.
____________________________________




Comments

  1. The stanza that begins with ribs cracking is very powerful. A lot of sensory imagery helped bring me into the moment. And the suggestion to imagine the bloodshed made me do exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some quite vivid (and gory!) imagery here. It was a good way to really draw the reader in and make the scene more visceral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was delightful (in that horror way): The bones and veins
    Scorched

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,