Moon and the Night

Oh you shiny, crescent orb
Hanging in the sky.
Don’t you have it right yet,
Lovers tarry, and pray for you.

You look fatter, today than then
Do you worry, fret not.
The night hears you always.
She could just be sewing her veil.

Oh my friend, I miss you today.
Only now I know you are swept.
You are happy, I am ecstatic.
A true romantic seeks love out.

Yes you are back, tell me The story.
May be one day I’ll have my finished.
To swoon, to feel, to share your joy.
Every love story deserves a keen ear.

You mustn’t be scared towards end.
I know it’s hard to repeat everyday.  
You may dissolve but only after
You merge with the starry night.

Be happy my old, dear friend.
Fortune showers on the blessed few.
To melt into the arms of your paramour.
And to do it every night, oh so few!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Comments

  1. "She could just be sewing her veil" was a particularly striking image. Loved the personification and the metaphor of the night as a veil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may dissolve but only after
    You merge with the starry night. <-- great, it makes e think of when the moon is dark during the wax and wane cycles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea and the time when moon sets and day comes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,