The Unfair fairness

It pains when I am right 
nevertheless I am 
I know you will leave
because they always have

One selfishness on my part 
On highway you move out the exit
the moment 
I give you a pass

I don't want to see the seethe 
in your eyes they often roll down
especially when one of us
could partake of the mercy so unfound

I am not a saint not even close
just that fairness is my heart's desire
Seeing you down that path 
gives me an unwanted hope. 

no one has won against the fire 
burns and bruises has everyone suffered
this won't be same because only one would be
emerging from between those flames.

I am happy I could do it on my own
no help required no mercy plea with God
a hurt of you temporary to save agony later
what of me another truth in my ledger

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


                                                                                                                                                      
                                          Image by Dwayne Blee of www.freeimages.com

Based on the quote - Please read my diary, look through my thigs and figure me                                            out.                                                 - Kurt Cobain, Journals.



Comments

  1. So true - and the phrase 'another truth in my ledger' rung so well. Thank you for sharing LM x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,