Her Existence

"Can I ask for something?", the ailing soul managed to get his voice across the room to her. 
She gathered herself and rushed to him.  

"What can I possibly give you? I have nothing to give. To you, to anybody. There is no pain more than saying no to you. Parting with nothing could ever come even in the vicinity of this. But other than I and my existence I have nothing I could call my own." 

He couldn't help but smile. 

"You are the most amazing most compassionate person I have ever met. The person whose mere existence could light up the lives of others doesn't need to own things to give out. I want you to give me a promise that I am not alone when I breathe in my last breath. I hope you say yes."

"Yes. Yes. Yes."
___________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. The time we give to others is a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ann ! The compassion, empathy we have is what distinguishes us from others.

      Delete
  2. A touching piece. Enjoyed. Ally :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,