Sorry!

You asked and I said.
I said what I meant.
You heard what you thought,
But that wasn't what I meant.
Sorry may be a casual word
But when it’s the only one
It’s sorry not anything bent.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
This is my response to the Trifecta weekly challenge, which is to write a 33-word response, in addition to and preceding the following: “That wasn't what I meant”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

  1. The big communication gap between 'meant' and 'thought' is still raging. Nicely expressed , Shreya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No truer words spoken! Nice write! However for this challenge you had to use the prompt words at the end of your piece and give us the extra 33 preceding words. Thanks for sharing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my bad yet again though glad you enjoyed it Trifecta :)

      Delete
    2. I also thought that it was a nice write (you know, despite...) =)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Troy ... Better luck next time ! Never a bad time to hear nice words though ! :)

      Delete
  3. And that's how the words get all tangled up...some u think they said...some they did say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The irony of communication or more like the misunderstanding ... sometimes unknowingly sometimes deliberate ! Thanks for stopping by Sini ! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the rhythm to this, the first four lines in particular. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I do too ... I wish I could make other too rhyme the same way too ! :)

      Delete
  5. Good piece. People often hear what they want to hear instead of what we say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact of life ... Thanks for stopping by Joshi ! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,