Romantic movies can seriously mess with your heads !!!

There is a facebook page with the same title ... Seeing that felt like, yeah, that's the reason I felt so after watching a romantic movie. 
I am just a very common girl who wants to believe in the feel of the word 'love', but certainly knows when to stop dreaming about the tall, dark, and handsome McDreamy who would come and sweep her feet off the ground and take her on the world tour on his horse's back ...

As per my friends, I am a romantic movies freak... I can watch any movie if it has even a tiny bit of romanticism, no matter how low its rating is on imdb. Its like it doesn't matter to me ipso facto a romantic-movie freak.
Even though, I only tend to watch movies of genres like thrill, crime - drama other than the obvious, I hate non-fictions, hate sci-fis because I don't wanna believe in things that can't happen or atleast haven't happened yet, other than my excessive belief in love or romanticism, one may say.
But then too, I have no problem watching movies like Kate and Leopold where Leopold belongs to a totally different era but he falls through a portal just to find himself in 21st century and where he falls in love with Kate and they both are united again after she falls through the same portal and gets back into his time of some 18th century ; The Lakehouse, another non-realist movie where the two protagonists communicate with each other even though they live 2 years apart from each other. (*rather its one of my favourites*).
These romantic movies can be life-saving when you start to lose belief in love. They may help reinforce faith in love which may appear as another illusion the very next moment. Its like even if I am not the one, thank God Elizabeth Bennet got the love of her life, one worthy Mr. Darcy. Afterall, love should never die. It is the only thing that keeps our world tied together. ;)

Its the dialogues like Linus: I’ve been following in foot steps all my life. Save me, Sabrina Fair, you’re the only one who can. or whether it be "May you never steal, lie or cheat. But if you must steal then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you" from Leap Year.
Hate it when such cheesy lines start to get to me !!!

Comments

  1. Look in somebody’s eyes to light up the skies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,