Another Mother's Dilemma

Cleaning up the cluttered coffee-table that had been lying around messy, she raised her head and called-out her husband at a pitch higher than usual, “Honey! Could you please help Manu with the homework or whatever is it that she wants help with”.  
”Sorry Hon, I can’t. I have to prepare for meeting tomorrow”, she heard her husband speaking from far-off.

“No Mom, I don’t need dad’s help”, snipped a pesky 14-year old Manu.

 “I don’t understand sweetheart, 2 minutes ago you were shouting out my name to come help you”.

With a contemptuous grace on her face, Manu came out of room to yell at her mother “Could you for one second think of helping me and not ask Dad? There's no light in my room and I am still neck-deep in my homework"

Radha pulled herself back against the coffee table and nodded as if she was convincing her that that was not the worst of all the hurtful remarks she had heard. But, nonetheless it was no music to her ears. 

“Sure honey, I’ll be right with you. Give me two minutes”, said the hopeful mother with a fading hope of everything turning out to be alright.

“Mom, my shoes are missing. Why did you move them? Don’t touch them for God’s sake”, came Rohan’s voice in tandem. 
She always thought Rohan, her youngest was the one who loved her the most and could feel her pain. His was the only voice she hadn’t heard since morning and kind of hoped would be something refreshing to listen to. But, deep inside she knew that too was a hope long-lost.

“No honey, I haven’t moved them. Check wherever you kept them last.”

“So Mom, why can’t you just find them and keep them at their place?” , he retorted.

She tried to feign a smile but instead a tear rolled out of her eye. With the misty voice, she said, ”Yea Sweetie, I’ll be right there” pulling her hands out of the gauntlet and wiping-off the drop of tear she thought had already dried off. Looking at the big princess-cut rock on her finger, she gasped, “What happened?”. This was not what she gave up her successful life for. Just then, another voice contradicted,” Oh, what the heck! I love them.”

________________________________________________________
This is my response to the Trifecta weekly challenge, which is to write a 33 to 333-word response  using the following word/definition:
Also, for WriteOnEdge challenge to use the picture from above. 

Comments

  1. There is no way that this would ever happen in my house! I sort of felt sorry for her, until I realized that she allowed her doormat status. Then I was just angry about the whole thing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TMW ... I am glad you weren't disappointed ! :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, a tangled web we weave. This reminded me of my dear friend Manu, so thanks for that! And thanks for linking up. Don't forget to come back and vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I brought back a happy memory for you ... Thanks for stopping by Trifecta :)

      Delete
  3. Finally something which made sense after all ...Best of luck ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh ... I wish I could write a bigger "FINALLY" ... so glad ! :)

      Delete
  4. I liked this! My daughter isn't perfect but I sure love the heck out of her too:) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I just assume My Mummy loves me too and I am not that amount of pain as to her ... Thanks Valerie for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Those kids have attitudes! They need some disciplining. o__O Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they may just need that or may be they don't mean any disrespect and just don't know how painful it gets for their mother !
      Let me figure that out ... Meanwhile, thanks Draug for reading. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, that's how it can be, even with kids that you constantly set limits with. Some are just like that! You captured that desolation, and that sense of bait'n'switch that can happen when the princess of "happily ever after" turns into the Cinderella of marriage & motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest Opinion please,